CGX-L EQUATORIAL MOUNT AND TRIPOD
- Increased 75 lb load capacity. Exceptional load capacity to weight ratio
- Additional Aux accessory ports and autoguider port on the Dec axis for better cable management
- Larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels to better and more accurately drive heavier loads
- Longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to better support larger optical tubes
- Massive 70 mm stainless steel tripod legs with a wider stance for improved stability under heavy loads
- New accessory tray holds three 1.25” and two 2” eyepieces with an upright stand for your smartphone or tablet
- Heavy duty, 31.5 mm stainless steel counterweight shaft to support additional counterweights
- Spring-loaded brass worm wheel and stainless steel worm gear reduce friction and provide optimum gear mesh
- Internal cabling for worry-free remote operation. Power input and lower accessory ports remain stationary while the mount slews to avoid snags
- Includes Celestron's new PWI telescope control software, co-developed by PlaneWave Instruments. Software features multi-point mount modeling for extremely precise pointing accuracy
- Adjustable EQ head position to optimize center of gravity over the tripod and fully utilize the increased 3°-65° latitude range
- Integrated handles for easy transport and portability
- All-new ergonomically designed dovetail clamping knobs
Celestron's newly designed CGX-L Computerized Equatorial mount is the latest addition to our fully computerized equatorial mount series. Capable of carrying Celestron’s largest optical tubes with ease, CGX-L is designed for backyard observatories and remote imagers looking for exceptional load capacity to weight ratio, compact design, and innovative features that fully support large telescopes, imaging kits, and the latest in wireless tech accessories.
Key design goals included larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels which provide smoother operation and can more accurately drive heavier loads, longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to support larger optical tubes, remote operation friendly features such as home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments, and better cable management overall. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and easier to transport. COMPACT. ERGONOMIC. INNOVATIVE.