EDGEHD 14" OPTICAL TUBE ASSEMBLY (CGE DOVETAIL) - SKU# 91060-XLT
- Experience our best optical performance with EdgeHD’s aplanatic, flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain optics for pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of today’s largest imaging sensors and widest eyepieces
- Aluminum optical tube with tube vents featuring an integrated 95-micron mesh filter allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Mirror support knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging
- Versatile design accommodates 3 focal ratios: native f/10, f/7 with the addition of a focal reducer, or ultra-fast f/2 imaging with a removable secondary mirror and third-party accessories
- Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings provide maximum light transmission
- A 9x50 finderscope, 2” mirror diagonal for more comfortable viewing, and wide-angle 23 mm Luminos 2" eyepiece are all included
See the Universe in HD
The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma; it also provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
True Astrograph Quality
EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
In addition to EdgeHD’s optimized optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night.
Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images.
Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror.
- Fastar versatility - All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
Every EdgeHD that ships has been tested not only for the surface quality of each optical component, but also with a camera and artificial star to ensure the imaging system meets our rigid quality assurance.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length:||3910mm (154")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1:||23mm (0.91")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1:||170x|
|Star Diagonal:||2" with 1.25" adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification:||840x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification:||51x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude:||15.3|
|Resolution (Rayleigh):||0.39 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes):||0.33 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye):||2579x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction:||114mm (4.5")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter:||32%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area:||10%|
|Optical Coatings:||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length:||787mm (31")|
|Optical Tube Diameter:||400.5mm (15.77")|
|Optical Tube Weight:||46 lbs (21 kg)|
|Dovetail:||CGE Dovetail Bar|