H-ALPHA H-BETA OIII IMAGING FILTER, ROWE-ACKERMANN SCHMIDT ASTROGRAPH (RASA) 8 - SKU# 93619
- Enhance imaging of nebulae with your 8” Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) by blocking light pollution, improving image contrast, and darkening the sky background.
- This filter transmits only the key Hα-Hβ-OIII wavelengths from emission nebulae, providing high contrast that makes them “pop.”
- This filter selectively blocks wavelengths of light from sources of light polluted skies and natural sky glow.
- Unlike similar filters with narrower bandpasses, this filter was engineered specifically to work with RASA’s fast F/2 optics.
- Fits into the 8” RASA’s integrated filter mount, maintaining peak optical performance.
- Optically flat surfaces free of defects, constructed of Schott glass with anti-reflection coatings.
Bring out the best in your nebulae astroimages with the H-alpha H-beta OIII (Hα-Hβ-OIII) Imaging Filter for the 8” RASA. This specialized filter allows high transmission of light from emission nebulae while blocking light pollution, helping to make your images pop with detail off the black sky background with superior contrast.
Fortunately, many sources of light pollution have relatively discreet emission spectra; they emit primarily at specific wavelengths of light. By strategically blocking these “bad” wavelengths, the filter essentially eliminates the effect of light pollution while letting the “good” wavelengths of light associated with the emission nebula pass through to the camera.
Bring out the best in your nebulae astroimages with the H-alpha H-beta OIII (Hα-Hβ-OIII) Imaging Filter for the 8” RASA.
The Hα-Hβ-OIII Imaging Filter for the 8” RASA is perfect for imaging emission nebulae like the North America Nebula (NGC 7000), Lagoon Nebula (M8), Orion Nebula (M42), and the Carina Nebula (NGC 3372). The imaging filter transmits key Hα-Hβ-OIII wavelengths that produce high contrast for emission nebulae.
|Glass type:||Schott B270|
|Glass thickness:||2mm (0.078")|
|Filter diameter:||46mm (1.81")|
|Clear aperture:||43mm (1.69")|
|Coatings:||Dichroic multi-bandpass and multi-layer anti-reflection coatings|
|Filter cell:||Aluminum, black anodized, knurled rim|