NEXSTAR 6SE COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE - SKU# 11068
- Celestron’s iconic “orange tube” design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- 6-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides impressive views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula, while retaining a compact form factor.
- Fully automated GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you.
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you’re unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly.
Celestron’s signature orange-tube telescope combines advanced features and excellent optics in one easy-to-use system, the NexStar 6SE. It’s the perfect choice for your first serious telescope, offering striking views at an economical price.Revolutionary Single Fork Arm Mount
We know the best telescope is the one you will use most often. That’s why Celestron’s engineers created NexStar SE’s unique, patented single fork arm mount. It’s perfectly portable and makes setup quick and easy.
Advanced Features Let the NexStar SE Grow with You
The NexStar SE is compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love.
For planetary imaging, pair your NexStar 6SE with one of our Skyris cameras. Or, experiment with wide-field deep sky astroimaging by replacing the telescope’s secondary mirror with a DSLR or astronomical CCD camera with a Fastar/HyperStar lens assembly. From your first observing session and for years to come, the NexStar SE is your trusted companion.
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length:||1500mm (59")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1:||25mm (.98")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1:||60x|
|Finderscope:||StarPointer™ red dot finderscope|
|Star Diagonal:||1.25" Star Diagonal|
|Highest Useful Magnification:||354x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification:||21x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude:||13.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh):||0.93 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes):||0.77 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye):||459x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction:||56mm (2.2")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter:||37%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area:||14%|
|Optical Coatings:||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length:||406mm (16")|
|Optical Tube Diameter:||181mm (7.1")|
|Optical Tube Weight:||8 lbs (3.6 kg)|
|Mount Type:||Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm|
|Instrument load capacity:||12 lbs (5.44 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod):||965.2mm - 1422.4mm (38" - 56")|
|Tripod leg diameter:||38.1mm (1.5") Stainless Steel|
|Mount Head Weight:||11 lbs (5 kg)|
|Tripod Weight:||9 lbs (4.08 kg)|
|Slew Speeds:||9 slew speeds - max speed 5°/second|
|Tracking Rates:||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes:||Alt-Az, EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility:||CG-5 dovetail|
|Number of Auxiliary ports:||1x Aux port|
|USB port:||Yes, Hand Control input|
|Power Requirements:||8-AA batteries (not included) | 12 VDC-750 mA (Tip positive)|
|Motor Drive:||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures:||SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge)|
|Periodic Error Correction:||No|
|Computerized Hand Control:||Double line, 18 character Liquid Crystal Display with 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons|
|NexStar+ Database:||40,000 objects, 200 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software:||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight:||21 lbs (9.5 kg)|
|Included Items:||NexStar SE OTA | Single Fork Arm Mount | Tripod | Accessory Tray | Star Pointer Finderscope | NexStar+ Hand Control | 25mm eyepiece | Star Diagonal|