NEXSTAR 90SLT COMPUTERIZED TELESCOPE
- High quality 90 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Good for terrestrial and celestial observing
- BONUS Astronomy Software download with a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images
Designed to be an affordable entry level to mid-level computerized GoTo telescope, the NexStar SLT refractors, reflectors, and Maks are available in the most popular sizes and are loaded with valuable design features. With preassembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods and quick release fork arms and tubes, NexStar SLT telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes – with no tools required! You can see details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, polar caps on Mars, Jupiter and its four moons, Saturn with its rings plainly visible and much more! Most NexStar SLTs can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope.
Powered by 8 AA (user supplied) batteries or an optional AC adapter (#18778), these NexStar GoTos love to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs.
With the NexStar’s ergonomically designed hand control, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button, you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object or simply know if a desired object is visible in the sky.
Celestron’s Revolutionary SkyAlign
Using Celestron’s patented SkyAlign, simply input the date, time and location into the hand control then slew the telescope to any three bright celestial objects in the sky. You do not need to know the names of the stars – you can even pick the Moon or bright planets!